Shiseido Parlour began in 1902 as a soda fountain. It made and sold ice-cream, which was still rare at that time, and was the first establishment in Japan to sell soda water. In 1928 it began to operate as a full-fledged restaurant. It was a Western cuisine trail blazer, and, as a symbol of Ginza, has provided many diners with delicious memories. It serves the taste of Ginza through its unchanging, traditional flavor and the new life it breathes into it.